Pork Report Card shows failures 12 August, 2007Posted by David Anderson in Uncategorized.
Friends I am imagining a conversation in the halls of Congress.
Porkers of the World Unite! The dastardly Club for growth is back with its first report card. They act as if they can make a difference, but no one will know because the main stream media won’t find this news worthy. Wait a minute alternative media! That’s not fair. We need a fairness censor!
What did the release say?
Some interesting numbers to consider:
- Sixteen congressmen scored a perfect 100%, voting for all 50 anti-pork amendments. They are all Republicans.
- The average Republican score was 43%. The average Democratic score was 2%.
- The average score for appropriators was 4%. The average score for non-appropriators was 25%.
- Kudos to Rep. Jim Cooper (D-TN) who scored an admirable 98%-the only Democrat to score above 20%.
- Rep. David Obey (D-WI) did not vote for his own amendment to strike all earmarks in the Labor-HHS appropriations bill. Rep. Obey scored an embarrassing 0% overall.
- 105 congressmen scored an embarrassing 0%, voting against every single amendment. The Pork Hall of Shame includes 81 Democrats and 24 Republicans.
- The Democratic Freshmen scored an abysmal average score of 2%. Their Republican counterparts scored an average score of 78%.
Oh stop. They can’t call us on campaign promises! Let’s just hope no one goes to http://www.clubforgrowth.org/2007/08/a_pork_project_showdown.php and sees our scores. I especially hope they don’t go to http://www.clubforgrowth.org/2007/08/the_2007_club_for_growth_repor.php and see the debate between Campbell and Murtha. People don’t need to see their pork being processed its like making scrapple. Tastes good but ugly to watch.
Back to the real world. I hope you see that it does make a difference who you elect. A couple dozen of our GOP friends still haven’t gotten it, but with an average score of 2 % it appears the Democrat freshman never got it in the first place.
As for our own Rep. Mike Castle, he scored 40%.